- Creative Strategist
- More than 7 years of digital marketing exposure with an agency
- Exposure in the industry will be the best tool and is the only way I’ll be even looked at in this job. Establish myself as a social media strategist and I should be well on my way to getting this job.
2. Creative Strategist, The Creative Shop
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote and PowerPoint is a plus
- I can work my way around Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, and PowerPoint, but InDesign I have not worked with yet. Hopefully this class will help me with that weakness.
3. Social Media & Community Management Internship for Entertainment News Website
- Facebook Fan Page Strategies, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Social Media, Facebook
- I think for this particular position, I could apply right now. I’m “fluent” in all of those platforms, and can use them for business purposes as well as personal
4. HBO Manager, Program Advertising
- Strong knowledge of the digital media space and new technology platforms (e.g. mobile, broadband, wireless, VOD) a must
- I’m not that familiar with the digital media space in this regard. I’m not 100% sure what the differences between mobile, broadband, and wireless are. Research or maybe classes specifically on this topic would help increase my understanding.
5. Assistant Marketing Manager: Event Marketing & Promotional Advertising
- There were no software/technology/digital skills that were needed for this position
- This sounds like a great position. They offer paid training and seem like it would be the perfect entry level position for me.
6. Marketing Manager, In-House Advertising Agency – Fashion Industry Opportunity
- Strong data/analytics skills were the only skills that were required
- This position requires 4-6 years of marketing experience, so that would be my biggest shortcoming before applying for this position. Becoming well-versed on the Calvin Klein brand aesthetic would be a must before applying.
- Social Media Manager
Vera Bradley Designs
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios, Strong PC and Mac skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- In regards to the social media they would like their applicants to be well-versed in, I’m unsure how to use Google+ in a business setting, but if the rumors hold true, that will be phased out shortly anyways. The lack of experience in Marketing or PR and Social Media Marketing is the only thing holding me back.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Manager
- Experience in CPG / luxury goods is a plus
- The requirements for this position were very minimal other than previous experience, written and oral skills, and experience in CPG. I’m unsure what CPG even is, so clearly that would be a shortcoming. Finding out what CPG is and then researching it would be how to solve that problem.
- Manager, Social Media, & Engagement
The Hershey Company
- Passion and deep proficiency in digital and social media across paid, owned and earned, specifically in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Vine, Snapchat and any other emerging platforms
- This position requires a lot of previous experience and an MBA is preferred. But according to the listed technology requirements, there is nothing on there that I’m not comfortable with.
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Deep understanding of major social media platforms including analytics and business manager tools.
- This position also requires lots of experience as well as other requirements. I’m not as familiar with business manager tools in regards to social media platforms. By researching what tools major companies use for their social media and familiarizing myself with them will really help this shortcoming.